Sunday, September 02, 2018

I met my friend Anne for lunch at the delightful Alexandria Pastry Cafe in Bradlee Shopping Center on King Street in Arlington.

                                                             Christine and Anne

I had a delicious spinach quiche and Anne had a sandwich. For dessert we shared a scrumptious lemon bar and a small bowl of fresh fruit. (You cannot go to this fine pastry shop without having at least one pastry.)

We met at 1 pm and finally checked our watches at 4:10! We obviously had a lot to talk about. We had not been together for probably more than 10 years (maybe 20?) so there was a lot of catching up to do.

Anne is a very interesting person and I enjoyed talking with her on a wide variety of subjects. Perhaps the most interesting thing I learned about her today was her membership in a German book club. The members choose books written in German and then discuss them in German. Very impressive!  I  belong to an Italian book club but it meets in the evenings in DC and the location is not easily accessible for me. I do read all of the books on the club's reading list, however.

No comments: