Thursday, September 13, 2018

Fine dining in Burke

Thanks to my friend Janet, I have discovered Rafagino's, a cozy Italian restaurant in Burke, very close to my home. Paolo the owner is Portuguese and Rosa his wife, who is the chef, is Italian from Le Puglie. The food is excellent, the atmosphere charming and the service stellar. I enjoyed speaking in Italian with Paolo (who, according to our server, speaks nine languages, seven of them fluently).


Janet chose the Chicken Parmigiana as her entree. She declared it delicious.

By the way, as you can see from the photo above, she is pretty in pink. We both were dressed in pink (and wore skirts!) and, no, we had not planned our outfits in advance over the phone!

                                       I chose the appetizer Burrata di Andria as my entree. Smooth and creamy!


For my dessert I chose the limoncello cake and it was truly divine. I also had a cup of espresso. 
(Yes, I am starting to drink espresso again after many years of abstinence.)

Janet chose the toasted almond cake and it too was truly divine, especially since it was soaked with Amaretto!

This charming little restaurant has been tucked away in a corner of a shopping center on Old Keene Mill Road for 23 years! I am so glad Janet introduced me to a wonderful place to eat in the 'hood!

The exact address is 9570 Old Keene Mill Road. 
(The Swiss Bakery is in the same shopping center but it doesn't have a cafe like the Swiss Bakery in Ravensworth.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rafagino’s has been our favorite restaurant for a long time!
Janet Bush

C. Meloni said...

Why didn't you ever tell me about it, JB?