Sunday, September 09, 2018

Remarkable Music

I attended a remarkable concert with three friends. It was part of the Odeon Chamber Music Series and the musicians were Amit Peled, Cello, and Noreen Polera, Piano. They were absolutely incredible.

They played two Brahms sonatas and, after their first standing ovation, concluded with Brahms Lullaby.

Program:

Cello Sonata #1 in E minor, Op. 38

Cello Sonata #2 in F major, Op. 99

I was astounded, as I sat listening and watching the cellist, at the music that was coming out of his instrument. It was unbelievable.

What astounded me about the pianist was the incredible energy and passion with which she played, matching her cellist partner.

Here is a photo of two of my friends. Missing is Barbara who unfortunately never stands still for more than a few seconds.

 
My friends Camilla and Indra

The concert was held at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church, an Anglo-Vietnamese Community, in Falls Church.

No comments: