Saturday, September 22, 2018

Theatre Outing

My dear sister bought us tickets for the Folger's new production of Macbeth. It was my birthday present (a bit belated but no matter). Unfortunately, we couldn't celebrate together because of her broken ankle. This impediment keeps her within a small radius of Frazer.

All was not lost, however. I invited my friend Indra to join me and she accepted. We had a very nice afternoon. We metro-ed into DC and our first stop was Pret a Manger for lunch. Not a particularly special place but Saturday is a difficult day in that area. Not many real restaurants are open. Sonoma would have been perfect but it is closed for lunch on the week-ends.

Christine and Indra at Pret a Manger

The play was a very new version of Macbeth. It took place in Bedlam, that infamous English mental institution. And the action on the stage certainly lived up to that now-infamous word, bedlam. The acting was excellent, as is usually the case at the Folger.

We agreed on our favorite actor, the man who played MacDuff. Lady Macbeth was also particularly impressive. Duncan was likable but didn't seem too bright. Macbeth was rather wimpy but maybe that is what Shakespeare had in mind.

Indra standing in front of the Folger Theatre

After the play we stopped at Starbuck's for an energy boost before our Metro ride home.

 Indra enjoying her coffee and cookie 

   
           My cookie with an obvious bite taken out of it

I also had my favorite Starbuck's drink. Chai Tea Latte.

1 comment:

Taytamay said...

Nice outing for you and Indra.