Friday, August 31, 2018

Goat cheese and mushrooms

Very happy lunch engagement today! I met my friend Sonia at our usual spot, Pain Quotidien, in the Penn Quarter. We both ordered goat cheese and mushroom omelettes. Delicious!

 Chris  and  Sonia

Sonia

As usual we had lots of catching up to do. We talked primarily about our families. Sonia is an amazing woman, the mother of three young children who has a very successful and demanding career. Fortunately, she has a very supportive husband. I was impressed when she told me that he is currently reading The Lord of the Rings to the little ones. Wow!

On the way to the restaurant I passed St. Patrick's and noticed something that I had never seen before. I was quite struck by it. I don't think I need to add a commentary. The sculpture and the sign speak for themselves.




After lunch I decided to stay in the city for a while. I am never eager to leave The District! I went to the nearby National Museum for Women in the Arts (of which I am a member) to see the Heavy Metal exhibit. 

Each work of art was made of metal(s) and created by a woman artist, of course. Here are the works that interested me the most.



                                  This work was made from tabs from Budweiser beer cans.

Entitled Self-Portrait

No comments: