Sunday, August 19, 2018

A special pin and special crackers

I went to the Sons of Norway lodge picnic today and enjoyed two special events.

First of all, my friends Conor, Jasmin, and Sophie greeted me with a great surprise. Meloni melon crackers! They found this product from Vietnam in a nearby Korean shop.



       
                                                            Christine and Conor with namesake crackers

I was really tickled. It was very kind of them to bring me this unusual treat. I may have to go to this shop to stock up. These crackers are quite delicious and have a definite melon taste.

Of course, the official highlight of the picnic for me was receiving my 15-year Sons of Norway membership pin. Shelley made a very spirited introduction and requested that I talk  about the good and bad things about being a member. I had no bad things to say, of course. I have enjoyed my membership very much, primarily for two reasons. I have met many wonderful people and I have learned a lot about Norway, both about its history and about the country today.

Presentation of the pin


No comments: