Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Portraits


I invited my art historian friend Liz to join me at The Reach to view George W. Bush's Portraits of Courage exhibit.

I was curious to see his portraits of wounded warriors. I found them to be interesting for a novice artist.

Here are some examples:





After viewing the exhibit, Liz and I had a nice lunch in the Kennedy Center Cafe.

Liz, Renowned Art Expert

This exhibit is a traveling one and may travel around for years. If you are a Democrat (as I am, of course), don't hold off. Visit this exhibit if you have the chance. Stop and think about Bush's relationship with the military, both as Commander-in-Chief and artist. What is the connection?

Andrea, War Protester 

Andrea and I went to the Mall to protest the Iraqi war with our friends George and Dal.


No comments: