Thursday, June 28, 2018

Birthday Lunch #4

What an oasis of tranquility! Marie, Barbara, and I went to Ching Ching Cha, a Chinese teahouse, for lunch today. The ambience, the food, the tea, and the company were magnificent! It was a very restful, peaceful experience.

The lovely cloth menu in Chinese red 

The first important decision in this teahouse is choice of tea. I chose Peach Blossom. A peach blossom was dropped into my glass tea cup and immersed in boiling hot water. Gradually, magically it expanded and gave a fragrant taste to the water, a marvelous artisan tea.

 I chose the Vegetable Dumplings for my food course. They contained mushrooms, carrot, cabbage, vermicelli, and dried bean curd. Absolutely marvelous! I had eight!


I was delighted to discovered Japanese mochi on the menu. These were mochi (rice cakes) filled with green tea ice cream. Excellent!

Marie chose for her dessert black sesame mousse and cream. She declared it very delicious.

Barbara's choice was a coconut tart. It was a very tasty pastry. 

Marie and Christine with a backdrop of tea cups and tea canisters on the shelves

Thank you, Marie and Barbara, for a perfect birthday day outing!

No comments: