Thursday, September 07, 2017

Old Friends

I was very fortunate to have run into Shelley, an old friend whom I had lost touch with, at the Kennedy Center a few weeks ago. We met today for lunch at the Swiss Bakery and Cafe and had a delightful time catching up many years of our lives. She is as young and peppy as ever! I was especially impressed with her tales about her singing all over the world (Rome, Italy, and the Kennedy Center, to name a few) and about her becoming an intuitive artist.


We both had the Cafe's wonderful grilled Gruyere cheese sandwiches.

 When I discovered it had recently been her birthday, I knew we had to have something sweet. We each chose a cookie, the chocolate leaf for her and the school apple for me.

We plan to stay in touch and have more enjoyable outings together.

One should really never lose touch with dear friends! But somehow it happens in the midst of our busy lives. But sometimes one is fortunate to find those dear friends again. What joy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a joy to spend the afternoon with you, Christine. I'm looking forward to our next get-together. Let's make it soon.