Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lunch with a Friend

Today I had a delightful lunch with my friend Indra. We met at Yindee Thai in Springfield. We both ordered Pad Thai from the lunch menu.

We became very engrossed in our conversation. We began talking at 1 and, when the servers started making a considerable amount of noise, I looked at my watch and couldn't believe my eyes. It was 4:10! We had definitely overstayed our welcome but we were content!

It is important to get a daily dose of friends, according to an article that I read recently. With each happy friend we add to our social circle, our own happiness grows by 9 percent (according to the research of Harvard University's Nicholas Christakis, MD and PhD). I can definitely say that Indra adds to my happiness. She is a happy friend and very interesting!

Indra and Christine

No comments: