Friday, July 27, 2018

Another Daily Dose of Friendship

I met my friend Betsy at Busboys and Poets in Shirlington. She too is a happy friend and adds to my happiness. We had an interesting conversation but were aware of the time because it was Friday and traffic becomes intense at a certain hour on Friday afternoons in the summer. Also a heavy rain storm was predicted to arrive around 4 pm. We did have a couple of hours, however, to get in some good conversation on a variety of interesting topics.

I had the poached pear and goat cheese salad. Betsy had a double (triple?) decker sandwich. We shared a delicious piece of  key lime pie. (Shared? Well, I ate 70% of it.)

We plan to meet in Burke the next time. It would be closer to a half-way point for us.

I forgot to get a photo of the two of us but I took two photos while I was waiting. Not great but proof that I was there today.





No comments: