Sunday, May 14, 2017

Friends Together on a Special Sunday

I had celebrated Mother's Day the day before but I didn't want to spend this Sunday alone. Neither did May so she suggested a wonderful outing.

We went to historic Occoquan for lunch. It was a glorious sunny day and we ate outside at the Wine Bar right on the river.

May

 Christine and May

Delicious flatbread with cheese, arugula, and something else (!) and also a cheese board with Wisconsin White Cheddar, Drunken Goat (goat cheese soaked in wine), and Brie.



We looked at the lovely houses. Marvelous colors!

Then we went into a fudge shop. May resisted (just barely!) but I tasted free samples of Penuche and Belgium chocolate. Delicious!

Then we went into an art store. I loved the beautiful earrings (I resisted purchasing any although I know that Andrea would have insisted that I buy two pairs) and May liked the lovely crosses.

Then we went for a stroll along the river.


(I hate the way my hair sticks out when I wear a baseball cap!)

It was a perfect day!

No comments: