Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Happy Outing for La Festa della Mamma

My American son and grandsons gave me the royal treatment for Mother's Day on the Saturday before. It was an excellent idea because the restaurants are not overcrowded and noisy then.

First of all, Marcello, Christian, and Colin arrived at my home with a gorgeous bouquet of roses and a box of Whitman Reserve chocolates.

Then they took me out to the restaurant of my choice. It was Sfoglina, a very nice Italian restaurant on Connecticut Avenue in the District.

 Colin enjoying his raspberry mocktail while Christian grins

 One needs to take Italian food seriously

The Happy Mother with Marcello who is beginning to look more like his father all of time

The Birthday Boy enjoying his surprise birthday cake

A good time was had by all!


No comments: