Tuesday, October 07, 2014

The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Town!

I met my name sister at Cheesetique's in Shirlington Village. We both had delicious tomato soup for a starter. Then we ordered grilled cheese sandwiches. Christine had the Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Prairie Breeze Cheddar on grilled sourdough and I had the Norwegian Gjetost cheese (a salty-sweet grilled cheese) with sliced bananas on cranberry walnut bread.

After lunch I decided to purchase some cheeses to take home with me. I first had a mini-lecture on the types and styles of cheeses.


                           Types of cheeses: Cow, Sheep, and Goat


     Styles of cheeses: Fresh, Bloomy, Semi-Firm, Firm. Blue, and Washed Rind

 Then I sampled many delicious cheeses and decided on 1/4 lb of Dante (origin: Wisconsin) and Cabot Clothbound (origin: Vermont).

 Dante

Cabot Clothbound

I went home happy, with my purchases. But I was unhappy at the same time because I forgot to ask our server to take a photo of Christine and me at the table. (If you go to http://melonidcmetroarea.blogspot.com/2014/06/name-sisters-to-new-locale.html, you will see the two of us at Cheesetique in June.)

Christine with her precious purchases

No comments: