Sunday, January 19, 2014

Silent Shakespeare

When I read the announcement about a silent production of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night," I was intrigued and wanted to attend a performance. My sister readily agreed.



The venue was the Synetic Theater in Crystal City. This theater was founded by Paata and Irina Tsikurishvili from the Republic of Georgia and "dedicated to the fusion of dynamic art forms from text and drama to movement, acrobatics, dance, film and music." 

Katie thought the performance was "fantastic," but I thought it was too far out and rather boring. The reviews, however, were uniformly positive and enthusiastic. In any case, I am glad I attended. It was definitely an interesting experience. No dialogue but lots of noise. What is Shakespeare, however, without the spoken language?



Before going to the theater, we had lunch at the Crystal City Jaleo. I was pleased with my two yummy tapas and flan but Katie was unfortunately not very satisfied with her meal.

No comments: