Friday, January 31, 2014

Wash Post Book Club

My friend Gertraud and I attended the first session of the Washington Post's revived Book Club and the author was none other than the marvelous Isabel Allende! What a thrill to hear her speak in person! She is one of my very favorite authors and I have read most of her books.

For the first part of the program Allende was interviewed by a Post reporter. Then members of the audience (perhaps 500 people?) were invited to ask questions. Allende was charming, funny, dynamic, exuberant, and informative. It was a very entertaining evening.

Representatives from Politics and Prose were there to sell copies of  her latest book, The Ripper. (She is on tour in the US to publicize this book.) I bought a copy, of course, and had her sign it. This book is a mystery, a new genre for her. I can't wait to read it!

Isabel Allende at the table signing books

No comments: