Friday, June 28, 2013

Birthday 2013

This year I have had a rather quiet birthday so far. This morning Andrea and I made a quick trip to the German Gourmet to pick up some pastries. 


                               Almond bishop hat

   
                                Fresh fruit quark

I spent the rest of the day at home. It is a good thing I did because I received many telephone calls from family and friends.

In the middle of the afternoon the doorbell rang and there was a box of eighteen beautiful red and pink roses (nine of each color) from my dear friends Larissa, Ivan, and Oksana. I took some photos but they do not do the flowers justice. And I couldn't get a shot that included all of the roses. But these photos will have to do. The roses are exquisite.





Nicoletta sent me a bottle of Un Jardin sur le Nil perfume. Deliciously exotic! I also liked the box and am using it for my many wonderful birthday cards.



I also found many, many birthday greetings on Facebook - from family and friends in Singapore, Jordan, Italy, France, the US, and especially from Norway. And a few electronic birthday cards.

All in all, a heart-warming day. But - there will be more to come!








No comments: