Tuesday, April 16, 2013

La Tasca and "Poetic Likeness: Modern American Poets"

My favorite kind of day - lunch with a good friend in DC and a museum visit!

I met my friend Betsy for lunch at the Spanish restaurant La Tasca.

After lunch I walked across the street to the Smithsonian Portrait Gallery to visit the wonderful Poetic Likeness exhibit. This exhibit featured a painting or a photograph of each (more than one for some of the poets), a selection from a poem, and a biography. I feel inspired! I must go back and reread some of their poetry, e.g. that of T.S. Eliot, Allen Tate, Frank O'Hara, Gertraud Stein, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Hilda Doolittle, Carl Sandberg, Ezra Pound, Langston Hughes, and all of the others!! I don't think I have enough poetry in my life. In high school and college I read a lot of poetry. And even wrote some. 

Betsy and Christine

One of my tapas choices was slices of eggplant with a creamy cheese sauce - delicious!


No comments: