Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Who were The Unseen?

The Unseen : Shortlisted For The Man Booker International Prize 2017

The Reading Circle of the Sons of Norway Washington lodge celebrated its 10th anniversary at the home of Marie. Fourteen members were in attendance for the special occasion and for the discussion of the December selection, Roy Jacobsen's novel The Unseen. [A group photo to follow.]

There was lots of really delicious food. It was a potluck and I took Andrea's Delight.


After our sumptuous feast, we discussed the book beginning with a very informative introduction by George E. As usual our discussion was very interesting. Our Circle is made up of very intelligent and very thoughtful individuals. What a group!

I prepared literary bookmarks to give to the RC members as a souvenir in commemoration of our tenth anniversary. A remarkable milestone!

    
Tarjei Vesaas               Knut Hamsun

I was given this lovely card from the members of the Reading Circle. They certainly make me happy!




My kind friend Marie gave me this lovely floral bouquet.


No comments: