Thursday, December 13, 2018

Congo at GW

My friend Ginny invited me to a book presentation at GW. The book was Congo Stories, co-written by John Prendergast andFidel Bafilemba with stunning photographs by Ryan Gosling. It reveals the way in which the people and resources of the Democratic Republic of Congo have been used throughout the last five centuries to build, develop, advance, and safeguard the United States and Europe. The book features a foreword by Soraya Aziz Souleymane, postscript by Dave Eggers, afterword by Chouchou Namegabe, and illustrations by Sam Ilus.





I was not very familiar with this part of the world and I was appalled at how the Congo has suffered over the centuries and still suffers today. It was a very enlightening experience for me.

Before the presentation we had dinner at GW's Panera. I forgot to take photos of  Ginny and her two friends who joined us. Sorry!

No comments: