Thursday, May 31, 2018

Proving Lunch

Marie, Barbara, and I met for lunch at Proof, one of my favorite restaurants in DC. We had a lovely time. The highlight was Marie's account of her wonderful trip to Scotland with Henry. I came away with two memorable images - droves of baby lambs and the wall of the great Roman emperor Hadrian (Adriano in italiano). And their adventure driving on the wrong side of the road - bing, ding!



I ordered the grilled gnocchi with vegetables (corn, peas, and asparagus) and parmesan frico (in the photo on the right). Very nice! Marie was not happy with her initial order (in the photo on the left) and was given the opportunity for a second chance.

Much to our surprise, Marie noted a traditional Scottish dessert on the menu, Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake, so we ordered one and shared it. It was delicious!!


After lunch we went our separate ways. I went across the street to the Portrait Gallery to see the portraits of my two heroes, Barack and Michelle. I also saw the portraits of more of my heroes, Toni Morrison and Bill and Melinda Gates.

       Toni Morrison, author of Beloved, one of the greatest books ever written.


                                   Two great philanthropists making this world a better place

I also saw this Japanese take on George Washington crossing the Delaware. Quite lovely!


No comments: