Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Museum Hopping with Mary

I met my friend Mary at the Hirshhorn this morning. We wanted to check out the remodeled first floor of the museum. We were impressed with the new cafe and the comfortable places to sit. A very warm, inviting environment has been created.


The cafe is called Dolcezza at the Hirshhorn. You can find coffee and the popular Dolcezza gelato here.

http://dolcezzagelato.com/locations/hirshhorn/

You can listen to a video in which Hiroshi Sugimoto, the designer of the new environment, explains his plan. His tables and chairs are circular and therefore fit in nicely with the building's cylindrical shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJlrLI9ptJI

I forgot to take a photo of Mary, unfortunately.

After the Hirshhorn, we walked down to the National Museum of the American Indian and had lunch. I had my usual Wild Rice Salad. Yes, I am a Minnesotan at times and long for wild rice!

On the way home I stopped at GW - a visit to the library and a stop at Starbuck's.


My view of the Academic Center, site of my former office, from Starbuck's

My table at the Gelman Library's Starbuck's 

No comments: