Saturday, May 07, 2011

EU Embassy Tours

Every spring I look forward to the EU Embassy Tours when the embassies open their doors to the public and offer many interesting activities and refreshments. This year I went to the EU Headquarters and to the Swedish Embassy (don't tell my Norwegian kin).


 The EU Headquarters is just around the corner from GW's Foggy Bottom campus.



 The Swedish Embassy overlooks the Potomac River, not too far from the Watergate and the Kennedy Center. It is a beautiful building of glass and wood.

Those flags are touching the ground!

Don't worry. I didn't hug any Swedes! I remember Elmer's warnings.

 
Refreshments were served on the roof terrace - Swedish cheese, Swedish flatbread with Swedish jam, and Swedish chocolate.

And surprise! I was given a Swedish passport!!

No comments: