Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentine's Day at La Tasca


My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day at La Tasca, a Spanish restaurant in Old Towne Alexandria. Andrea ordered beer but I drank a delicious sparkling Spanish wine, Espumosa.

We enjoyed the nice ambiance.

We started with olives for our appetizer.



I ordered three tapas:

Eggplant with cheese

Spinach with pinenuts and raisins

Roasted potatoes with green and red peppers and onions

Andrea ordered the following:

Scampi

Clams

Calamari

I ordered dessert, of course. I cannot resist flan, my very favorite dessert (actually it is tied for first place with creme brulee).

Although we did not find the food quite as delicious as that at the other La Tasca in Clarendon, we enjoyed our evening out. The ambiance was nice and the service was excellent. The food was good.

Andrea approved!

I did, too!

No comments: