Thursday, December 01, 2022

A Great Day at the NGA

 One of my very favorite places in Washington is the National Gallery of Art. Not only does it have an extraordinary permanent collection, but it also has wonderful special exhibits with artwork from around the globe.

Today I went to the Vittorio Carpaccio exhibit, a blockbuster! It is the first ever retrospective of Carpaccio outside of Italy.

I went with four friends, Giorgio I, Giorgio II, Mike, and John. Here are some photos from this happy and interesting outing.



George, Mike, Christine, and John in front of Carpaccio's Knight

Mike, Christine, Giorgio II, and Giorgio I

Giorgio II is making comments about this painting, The 10,000 Martyrs. A very gruesome painting with these 10,000 crucified individuals. Curious juxtaposition in the lower right of a meeting involving ancient Roman soldiers and Muslim leaders.


More photos will follow as soon as I have uploaded them.





No comments: