Thursday, December 12, 2019

Italian birthday lunch

I took my friend Barbara to Osteria da Nino for her birthday. She ordered a chicken dish and kept swooning over it. "It is so delicious," she repeated over and over again.

I chose exactly the same dish I had when I went there with Bill: the spinach ravioli filled with mozzarella di buffala, ricotta, and caciocavallo.

We then split a torta di ricotta for dessert. It was very good but not as delicious as the torte di ricotta prepared by Fabrizio in Via Antonio Silvani in Rome!

I had then felt in the mood to drink an espresso so I did!

 The Birthday Girl

 Barbara and Christine
One of the above needs a haircut!

Barbara's half of the torta di ricotta on a biscotto
She, by the way, ate all of the mint leaves and the orange peel.

I was able to chat a bit with Nino, the owner. I discovered much to my surprise that this restaurant has been in this very location for five - 5! - years!

No comments: