Sunday, November 03, 2019

A Red Letter Day!

Our very own Washington Nationals won the 2019 World Series. How incredible is that? Time to celebrate and celebrate we did yesterday.

Marcello, Christian, and I went to DC for the Nats' Victory Parade. Here are some photos from this joyous event.

Marcello and Christian arrived at my house around noon and presented me with some Nationals' gear: a shirt and a cap.


Christian wanted me to strike a pose with my little mini pink bat that Andrea had bought for me several years ago at a Nats' game. It was breast-cancer awareness day and they were selling these mini pink bats.


"Out of the park!"

 Marcello was enthusiastic about buying some collectibles. He bought, for example, this pennant.

Christian looking good in his new Nats' sweatshirt 


Our location to watch the parade. Fans were about six deep all along Constitution Avenue.


Mima and Christian, the only sports enthusiast among my grandchildren

A long line of busses with players and other folks

In the distance you can see Mad Max riding on top of the bus. Marcello took this shot, saying that Max was looking for me!!!


We were all very nervous about the possibility of Mad Max Scherzer falling off and breaking his arm! He was on top of the bus all along the route, from 3rd Street to 15th! Truly mad!!

Soto! Soto! Soto!





The red confetti spewing out of the truck at the end of the parade was memorable! People were frantically scooping up the little red hearts and circles as souvenirs.

 We had parked in my garage at GW and we stopped to greet the GW Hippo.


I then gave Christian and Marcello a tour of the first floor of the impressive GW library and then we finally sat down to rest our weary legs at GW's Starbuck's.

What a day! One certainly never to forget! Will the Nats win another World Series in my lifetime? Maybe not. Strasburg and Rendon are now free agents and might very well jump ship. We shall see.

No comments: