Thursday, May 30, 2013

My 50th Wells College Reunion


 What a fabulous experience, going back to Wells for my 50th reunion. It was very special reconnecting with so many classmates that I had lost track of and seeing again the classmates that I had kept in touch with. I was struck by what interesting and productive lives everyone had led. What a remarkable collection of life stories!

And it was so stimulating to hear what a strong, positive force the Wells experience had been on our lives. Our years at Wells were powerfully formative years.

What a splendid place to study and learn and to prepare ourselves for the real world! What a splendid setting in which to forge and nurture friendships with other women and with our professors!


THE BEAUTIFUL WELLS CAMPUS

I was struck by the great beauty of the campus. I knew that it was beautiful but I don't think I really appreciated it as fully as I should have.

The lake, oh, the lake! Lake Cayuga, a jewel in upstate New York. The most beautiful of the Finger Lakes.

Canoeing on the lake.


A view of the lake from the front of Main Building

ROOMING AGAIN IN WELD


The Class of 1963, the Golden Class this year, was housed in Weld. I lived in this dorm my sophomore and junior years. Ah, the memories!

RECEPTION AT PRESIDENT RYERSON'S HOME


A reception at Taylor House, the residence of President Ryerson

DINNER AT THE AURORA INN


Dinner at the Aurora Inn: Chris, Anne, and Linda

President Ryerson and Chris at the same table

THE PARADE

The Wells Fargo stagecoach ready to lead the Parade of Classes



         The Class of 1963 in the parade staging area



     The proud class of 1963 marches to MacMillan

THE GALA DINNER

                                                                       Linda and Chris


                               Chris and Anne

PH

                                                 Pettibone House, where I lived my senior year

LOOKING AHEAD TO 2018

I am already looking forward to our 55th reunion. I will try to keep in touch better from now on with my Wells friends.

No comments: