Thursday, April 08, 2010

Happy Birthday, Andrea! Lunch at Assaggi Osteria

Today is Andrea's Birthday! Tanti tanti auguri, Andrea!

We went to a wonderful Italian restaurant in McLean, Assaggi Osteria.

We began with delicious focaccia dipped in tasty olive oil.

Andrea chose calamari fritti as his appetizer.

I chose the winter greens as my appetizer.

Andrea had fillet of swordfish as his main course.

I chose the tortelli di patate dolci con amaretti in a butter and sage sauce. Out of this world!

Believe it or not, I had wine with my meal - sparkling Lambrusco!

Andrea chose Moretti, an Italian beer

The Birthday Boy had homemade gelato, a trio of chocolate, strawberry, and cinnamon.

My dessert was divine! It was a little chocolate cake with a center of figs soaked in port.

We had a nice chat with the owner after our meal. Note the lovely Umbrian plates on the wall.

We also asked our waiter Luis to pose with us.

No comments: