Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ann's Minnesota Apple


My dear Minnesota friend Ann Besser was in town last week and we had lunch together at one of my favorite area restaurants, Afghan Kabob. As usual the food was fabulous!

Ann brought me two special treats from Minnesota. The first - and the most delicious - was a Minnesota apple. It was a Honey Crisp (a local MN variety) and, beyond a doubt, the most incredibly tasty apple I have ever eaten in my entire life (and, as an avid apple lover, I have eaten tons of apples in my long lifetime!). She also brought two leaves from a Minnesota tree along with the apple. The second treat was the Minneapolis newspaper from the day before which had a decidedly Scandinavian flavor to it.

Ann and I have many connections - Washington, Italy, and Minnesota. This time the Minnesota connection shone through the most! Please, come back soon, Ann, and don't leave Minnesota behind!

No comments: