Sunday, May 11, 2008

Illumination Artist Lights The Washington Cathedral

Blue Stars on Yellow


Yellow Stars on Blue

Washington, DC is truly a fabulous place to live. There is always something interesting to see or do. Last night Andrea and I had the opportunity to view something extremely interesting.

Illumination artist Gerry Hofstetter lit up the Washington Cathedral this past week-end with images that were meant to speak of unity and reconciliation. In celebration of the Cathedral's 100th birthday, Hofstetter offered the illumination as his gift.

Oranges, Yellows, Browns

Every few minutes, the pattern changed. I think that there were perhaps 8 different patterns.
For three evenings, from sunset to midnight, Hofstetter projected images on two sides of the Cathedral. I have included a few of the photos that I took.

If you want to see some more professionally done photos of this spectacular event, go to flickr.com and put +Hofstetter and +Washington Cathedral in the search box.

Red, White, and Blue - The Union Jack?

More Red, White, and Blue

I was quite surprised at the enormous crowd, many people with cameras on tripods. I am always glad to see Washingtonians enjoying the offerings of this great city. Would that I could take advantage of everything!

No comments: