Friday, April 25, 2008

Degas to Diebenkorn at the Phillips

I went to my favorite museum, the Phillips Collection, yesterday with my friend George. We viewed the exhibit "Degas to Diebenkorn: The Phillips Collects."

I liked many of the works of art. My favorites were: "View of Lake Nemi" by Antoine-Felix Boisseller, "The Gulf of Mexico" by David Bates, "Small Branch of the Seine at Argenteuil" by Gustave Caillebotte, "Moonlight on the Osage" by Thomas Hart Benton, and "The Sun and the Moon" by Elizabeth Murray.

This exhibit will be on view until May 25, 2008 so, if you haven't seen i yet, go see it - now! To learn more about it, go to the Phillips Collection website:

http://www.phillipscollection.org/html/exhibits.html

After visiting the museum, we had a delicious Greek lunch at Zorba's. We both had the vegetarian combination platter.

2 comments:

Jill said...

hmmm....who is this George person?????? I see him in quite a few of your photos!! Is it ok with Andrea????? LOL

C. Meloni said...

George is a very dear friend of mine. He was my colleague at GW but he is now retired. Yes, it's OK with Andrea!! George and I frequently go to museums together and then have lunch together afterwards. Sometimes Andrea comes with us but he usually doesn't.